junoman

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Israeli and Palestianian



Last week I spoke to my friend Yaron who told me some incredible news, that his new boyfriend is Palestinian.

If you know Yaron as long as I do, you would know that he is not very fond of Arabs. How they met is the weirdest story. On Yarons last trip to Israel to see his family he stayed in a hotel by the airport, this is where he met him, he was a worker in the hotel. He said he felt like he knew him his whole life and even in another lifetime, mind you he does not believe in reincarnation, or is evenly remotely spiritual. His description of him was that he was simplistic and spiritual.

Again this week after spending two weeks in Paris and London together, they are talking about getting apartment in Tel Av iv together. There is no way to get him to come visit NYC, since the Us declines all Arab visas for any reason, my friend has all but gave up on getting him in.

Its sad and amazing how we take traveling for granted living in the USA. My Israeli friends family is trying to warm up to this new guy but it has been difficult. He also sounds like he will be traveling to Tel Av iv for 10 days a month and is getting an apartment there. I think it all sounds exhausting, but when you in love, need I say more, the energy comes from outer space to see each other.

I hope this all works out for them both, but if it doesn't they still will have had a great experience and my friend will have racked up 1000s of fly er miles.

1 Comments:

  • thanks for your comments on my blog. I put you on my favorites. I find your blog interesting. thanks again You'll be hearing from me again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home