junoman

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Devil is Back


Anyone who knows me personally knows that I work at pretty high pressured job at a fashion house. I work for a designer, and create much of their travel for business as well as personal. Sometimes its fun and sometimes its pure hell.

I work in an office with 8 woman and the egos are enormous. Because I am gay I think I dont threaten they in any way, but you dont want to cross them. One girl who always says what she feels usually in the form of a joke, sorta tongue and cheek, really means what she says, and she knows how to stab me in the heart. I usually arrive at 900am and sometimes make it there just before 9am, like 858am. As she left the office tonight she said I will see you at 859am tommorrow!

I retorted "yes and until this company starts paying me prior to getting here before my start time, I will be here at 858a, 859a or even 900am, and you or anyone else should have nothing to say.

Do you believe this girl, is she kidding? Why do people get involved in other peoples lives. My boss who heard everything and was stunned and just chalked it up to another one of her outburst. My tangles with her in the office have been really scary sometimes, and she does not get it.

Honestly I try not to fight with women in the office, the exchange never looks so cool coming from a guy. The problem is that I grew up in Brooklyn, went to all boys school and was taught never to take any shit from anyone. I need to keep this is check. She sure is playing with fire.

1 Comments:

  • They say men are competitive but women are worse. I constantly crack jokes instead of saying what I truly feel as a way of self defense. It shows me peoples reactions and incase the reaction isn't what I expected, hiding behind the fact that it was a joke is the easiest way out of an unwanted situation.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog Joe ;)

    - Idil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home