junoman

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Bonus


Today is my last day of work before having off for a few days for the holidays. Yesterday there was a blurb in the news about the chairman of Goldman Sachs getting
5 million for a bonus, It almost seems obscene.

I work for a top American designer. I arrange the travel for many of the top employees of the company and the designers family. I get a few gifts at Christmas from them all and I am really lucky. Last year I got two first class tickets anywhere I wanted to fly and numerous other gifts.

The best gift I received last year was from the president of my company who I have spoke to only once in person, he has two assistants. I received a tied up box with a beautiful red ribbon,in the box were brownies. There was a card in the box that said " a donation in your name has been given to Gods Love We Deliver".
His assisant didn't have to tell me but she did and said the donation was five hundred dollars. I started to think if everyone gave gifts like this to charities
it would really help out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home