junoman

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Jayne County Rules




Its been awhile since I have seen Jayne County, that infamous rock star. She has been on the seen so long, and it seems she never ages. Her shows are legendary at Maxs Kansas City, and Squeeze Box.

The evening always started out at my friend Rick apartment where we would all get dressed, drink what was ever available and follow Jayne to Squeeze box like she was royalty. I miss those nights in NYC when clubbing was an event not just a place to keep yourself busy. The other rock stars would show up backstage, like Joey Ramone, Debbie Harry and Patti Smith. I would always talk to John Waters when I saw him. What a genius he is. Ms Guy or Formika would be at the turntables and turn the place out with great music.

Back in the early eighties was the first time I saw Jayne perform at Maxs and I was hooked. I love this picture of her with Debbie, holding a glammy award. Rock on Jayne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home