junoman

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Feast is Over



"I think I broke my leg", she said as I helped lift her from the floor. Doris is ninety fours years old and at my Christmas eve dinner every year. She is a young ninety four if there is such a thing, but nonetheless ninety four. I noticed someone dropped a fork on the floor and as fast as I tried to grab it, Doris was trying to pick up it up, that's when she lost her balance. It all happen so quick.
Thank heaven she did not break her leg, but she was very embarrassed, I am sure being embarrassed is better than a broken leg.

On Saturday I created my usual Christmas eve feast but it was way too much food and way too much rushing on my part. Next year I will definitely scale down. Honestly my bf has the all American family and I think the whole Italian dinner thing is wasted on them.

On Sunday I went to my brothers house in Middletown, New Jersey for another feast. It was a crazy night, with my nephews lighting off a stick of dynamite in a nearby
field off from the house, but of course the house shook and no one expected this craziness, boys will be boys. We had a huge fish dinner with every kind of fish represented. We left around 2am and drove back to northern NJ.

On Monday back down to southern NJ to Holmdel to have Xmas dinner at my sisters house, too much food and I refused to drink any alcohol. This week will be slow at
work and I can get some much needed work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home