junoman

Friday, January 19, 2007

Telling Tales



Last night the weather in NYC sucked, but it didn't stop a few of us from catching a taxi up Madison Ave to the Carlyle hotel for dinner. I always forget I need a dinner jacket in their main dining room, but the maitre d brought me one without even asking me my size, it fit perfectly.


At the table we shared some crazy stories about our industry and helping assist celebrities. We all agreed the two biggest nuts are Jennifer Lopez and the cherry on the top of the cake, Barbara Streisand. The best story was Barbara Streisand screaming at the top of her lungs in a 2 by 4 elevator because her cell phone went dead, hello you are in an elevator.


Snow actually fell last night in the city and it was quite beautiful but then it changed to rain and it just got real messy. Dinner was really good and I didn't think I drank too much last night but this morning I knew I did, hangover big time. Also last night in the bar Bemelmans Rita Moreno was performing, I am that would have been quite interesting. The picture they used to advertise the performance must have been taken 20 years ago. We never attended the show, dinner was enough, and then we all split for home.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home