junoman

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Where's Edie?


I have always been in love with Edie Sedgwick. I met Andy Warhol once back in the early 80s, he came into Bloomingdales with Diana Vreeland. I worked at shop called Michel Guerard. I asked them if they would like to try some chocolate she declined, and he said nothing. I handed him a piece and he took both the napkin and piece of chocolate. As he was chewing he kept saying "good, good. This was some the most expensive chocolate around at the time. I came from behind the counter and asked him to sign our guest book and he obliged, as he was signing I told him I that I found Edie to one of the most fascinating people he was ever photographed with. He smiled for a second and said nothing again. His lack of words expressed much, he seemed as much interested in her, as I was with him, which was not much. When they walked out of the shop, I heard Diana Vreeland said to him "who did he ask you about?. His response was precious, he said "I dont know". I wished I could have asked for my chocolate back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home